A juice cleanse can do wonders for your system and help you kickstart your health goals. We give you 6 important reminders to help you maximize your cleanse and detoxify easily.
- Hydration is essential! Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- If you are sleepy and have a chance to rest, take a nap. Going to bed early will help take your mind off of food and accelerate the cleansing process.
- While you are mobilizing toxins you have to be sure you are releasing them from your system. You may consider a colonic as a safe way to expel toxic waste. If the thought of a colonic is simply a turn-off you can try an herbal laxative to assist with elimination.
- Some other great ways to eliminate toxins include: skin brushing in the morning to rid your body of dead skin cells and open your pores, saunas, massages and warm baths.
- Feel free to exercise, but don't overdo it. It's important to listen to your body.
- Warm herbal teas can be comforting during moments of hunger cravings.
Remember that, while you are giving your body a complete rest by drinking juices instead of eating meals, it is important that everything keeps flowing through the system.