To get the best results the juice cleanse is designed to give you, we recommend you need to wean yourself off a few things leading up to your start date. You'll be happy you did.
This is paramount! The majority of us suffer from mild dehydration and many of us are chronically dehydrated. The cleanse will leave you hydrated, replenished and recharged.
At least 3 days before your cleanse, integrate the following into your daily routine (if you don't already):
- Start each day with warm water and lemon. Drinking this throughout the day is great too!
- Drink at least 2 litres of pure water a day.
- Sneak in a few herbal, decaffeinated teas if you can!
- Eliminate caffeine, alcohol, soda and nicotine products.
At least three days before your cleanse, we recommend you eat wholesome, whole foods and try to avoid the following:
- Red meat and poultry
- Processed starches like bread, white rice and pasta
- Dairy and eggs
- Salt (Easy on the salt, at least!)
What we recommend you to eat:
- Some fatty acids. We suggest soaking flax seeds overnight and eating a few big spoons throughout the day - on salads or on their own.
- Fruits, raw salads, raw or steamed vegetables and vegetable soups. If eliminating meat seems too difficult, eat small portions of fish.
- Good olive oil, coconut oil, spices and lemon juice to kick the flavour up.
- Some soaked almonds if you like, just be sure to fully chew them!
The bottom line is to eat as you can!