Some people might wonder why we add Cayenne Pepper in some of our juices. The reason is simple, it contains a lot of health benefits.
Cayenne is rich in capsaicin. The pepper also contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Potassium, Manganese, and Flavonoids (which give the chili its antioxidant properties).
1. Beneficial to the Heart
- There are flavonoids in Cayenne Pepper that heal heart cells and protect your heart.
2. Breaks up Congestion in the Body
- Cayenne Pepper stimulates the peristaltic motion of the intestines. It aids in assimilation and elimination.
3. Has been known to help heal ulcers
- Cayenne Pepper helps rebuild the tissue in the stomach and heals intestinal ulcers
4. Digestive Aid
- By increasing the flow of enzyme production, cayenne pepper stimulates the digestive tract. Cayenne also breaks up mucous in the body, leading to better absorption and digestion of food.
5. Burns Fat and Boosts Metabolism
By giving the body a natural thermogenic boost, cayenne allows your body to begin to burn its stored fat. The capsaicin found in cayenne pepper, put simply, helps the body to burn more calories. (Hint: Great addition to your fresh vegetable juice!)